Savory Shrimp and Italian Herb Pasta
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (4.6 oz.) Pasta Roni® Rustic Recipes™ Olive Oil & Italian Herb
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, reduced-sodium chicken broth OR vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar snap peas OR fresh asparagus pieces (2-inch pieces)*
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil OR 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- Prepare Rustic Recipes Olive Oil & Italian Herb Pasta Roni according to package directions using 1-1/2 teaspoons oil.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add shrimp to skillet and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, stirring occasionally. Remove shrimp; set aside.
- Add wine and tomatoes to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add peas; continue cooking, uncovered, about 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced and peas are crisp- tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine shrimp and vegetable mixture with cooked pasta. Garnish with basil, if desired.
- Calories 300, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 660mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g, Protein 19g