Confetti Garden Pilaf
Recipe Yield: 4
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- In large skillet over medium heat, sauté rice-pasta mix, 2 Tbsp. margarine, almonds and onion until rice mixture is light golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, seasonings, and chicken; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 12 minutes.
- Stir in green beans and bell pepper; return to simmer. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until beans and rice are tender. Stir before serving.