Chicken Cacciatore and Italian Herb Pasta
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (drumsticks, thighs and/or breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each paprika and dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth OR vegetable broth
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 package (4.6 oz.) Pasta Roni® Rustic Recipes™ Olive Oil & Italian Herb
- In deep 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Season chicken pieces with combined salt, pepper, paprika and thyme.
- Add chicken to skillet and sauté until golden brown on each side. Add mushrooms, green pepper, green onions and garlic; continue browning 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, combine chicken broth, tomato paste and wine; pour over chicken pieces. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Rustic Recipes Olive Oil & Italian Herb Pasta Roni according to package directions. Serve with chicken and sauce.
- Calories 510, Calories from Fat 180, Total Fat 20g, Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 1020mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 9g, Protein 46g